Verbal communication – the act of transmitting messages through spoken words.
- Thomas easily finds common ground with most clients. He is very good with words.
- Henry is not afraid of a demanding audience. He can find the right answer for any question.
- Jennifer is an extremely talented orator. She has mastered spoken communication skills.
- Gloria communicates with clients and other employees in a respectful and understanding manner.
- Monica speaks loud and clear. She takes care of her intonation, pronunciation, and rhythm.
- Robert effectively organizes and delivers product presentations. He is a great company representative.
- George gives very passionate and convincing speeches. He can persuade any audience.
- Gwen is a great interviewer. He asks the right questions to find out the most important things about job candidates.
- Bruce can handle even the most difficult conflicts with diplomacy.
- Arnold has an impeccable diction. He has a deep and loud public speaking voice.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Yvonne knows how to present complicated concepts to an unprepared audience.
- Susan watches her tongue. She thinks twice before talking to avoid misunderstanding.
- Peter avoids filler words and uses short but informative sentences.
- Philipp continuously improves his English language skills to become a better spokesperson.
- Wendy always has a calm and friendly tone. She knows how to make people listen to her.
- Harry speaks with clients in a polite tone without raising his voice.
- Arthur finds the perfect balance between informal and formal communication with his clients.
- Sara skips the unnecessary small talk and gets right down to the business.
- Laura delivers public speeches with great confidence. Not a single heckler can distract her.
- Trevor uses active listening skills to identify the most urgent concerns of a client and address them.
- Bruce demonstrates genuine admiration for other employees. He easily gains people’s trust.
- David makes sure that every person in the audience has understood his message by answering questions at the end of each presentation.
- Trevor does not get too personal with his subordinates to maintain a professional workplace atmosphere.
- George is able to express his point of view in a detailed manner without causing misunderstanding.
- Emma does not take much time to find the best way to answer a question.
- Jerry is able to explain a complex problem to subordinates without getting nervous.
- Rachel has a clear and understandable voice. Our clients love her presentations.
- Samantha always highlights central points of her presentations to make them easier to understand.
- Michael anticipates the concerns of his clients and asks for clarifications to handle it in the most efficient way.
- Oliver has a great sense of humor. He uses it to engage audiences of all sizes.
- Harry has a quiet speaking voice. He must train to improve it.
- Jerry gets nervous when presenting new products. He needs to overcome the fear of public speaking.
- Marta talks too much. Her public speeches include a lot of unnecessary information.
- Abigail fails to eliminate filler words from her vocabulary. Her presentations sound unprofessional.
- Robert has a weak and overly quiet voice. Clients have a hard time listening to him.
- Edward has pronunciation problems. He needs to work on his English speaking skills more often.
- James does not know how to find common ground with the company’s clients.
- Rachel speaks too softly. She needs to start to enunciate her words loud and clear.
- Portia is unable to find the optimal speech rate. She speaks either too fast or too slow.
- Zack never learns the audience before giving a speech.
- James does not know how to make people listen to him. He gives extremely boring speeches.
- Maria talks too fast. Her presentations are emotionless and boring.
- Trevor fails to build trust with clients. He needs to learn to connect with others through empathy.
- Ronald feels uncomfortable when delivering speeches.
- Peter cannot focus on the main topic during public presentations. He makes many mistakes because of that.
- Thomas does not have any respect for others. His speeches are very offending.
- Aaron uses too many filler words. He needs to change his speech habits.
- Monica never breaks her message into smaller points. Her presentations are hard to listen to.
- Harry does not make any pauses in his speeches. It makes his delivery sound dull and unnatural.
- Janet cannot answer the vast majority of questions.