Professional competence encompasses the understanding of skills and responsibilities essential for successful work. People who possess it perform their duties diligently and effectively. Professional competence also shows the employee’s self-improvement efforts to enhance skills and broaden responsibilities.
- Jessica possesses job knowledge and applies it in the most effective way to perform work assignments.
- Olivia shares her vast experience to mentor new employees and improves their productivity.
- Jennifer applies job knowledge to create efficient ways of performing her duties.
- Ronald always knows how to solve problems associated with his field of work.
- Arthur has not made a single mistake in the workplace ever since he joined our company.
- Portia makes sure her job skills exceed the company standards.
- Michael is passionate about enhancing his job knowledge in every possible way.
- Edward can easily find a way to convert failure into success.
- Elaine attends professional events to stay aware of the breaking industry trends.
- Richard applies his exceptional job skills to generate innovative work methods.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Oliver uses online resources to get the most relevant news regarding his field of work.
- Tabitha understands what talents are valued the most in our company and strives to enhance them.
- Susan consistently performs her job with exceptional attention to detail.
- Monica finds creative ways of overcoming workplace challenges thanks to her job skills.
- Harry utilizes an innovative working approach to maximize the productivity of his department.
- Bruce has mastered the professional software to perform his workplace duties more efficiently.
- Janet is determined to improve her strengths and eliminate weaknesses.
- Ingrid volunteers to take difficult tasks that require more responsibilities and job knowledge.
- David’s professionalism and competence allow him to find a solution for all workplace problems.
- Nathan strives to pick up the latest methods of work as soon as it is possible.
- Benjamin performs his job according to the company’s standards and never makes major mistakes.
- George takes his job seriously and provides satisfactory results on a regular basis.
- Aaron’s work meets all the requirements set by supervisors almost every time.
- Quentin uses job knowledge to organize his daily work routine in a more productive way.
- Paul has all the essential skills required to be a part of the company.
- Harry believes that innovations are the most vital to the company’s success.
- Xavier perfectly understands that he has to update his job skills on a regular basis.
- Linda takes professional courses every quarter to keep her job skills current.
- Valerie does not always rely on standard methods. She tries to find alternatives that are more effective.
- Michelle seems to be genuinely interested in the industry’s latest trends.
- Sometimes Gregory fails to take on complex tasks due to the lack of job skills.
- Rachel does not want to take professional courses. She updates her job skills very rarely.
- Cindy underestimates the need to update job skills. She rarely takes professional courses.
- Michael often makes small mistakes when working on the most difficult assignments.
- Jennifer is not willing to take on projects that require exceptional job knowledge.
- Olivia has a very poor understanding of some of her work duties.
- Ellie cannot deal with tricky work problems that require a creative approach.
- Yvonne relies on outdated information without looking up the current situation on the market.
- Sophie fails to cut out the distractions and fully concentrate on the job.
- Samuel often requires assistance from supervisors or colleagues in order to complete the task properly.
- Edward resists changes and prefers to use outdated methods of work.
- Harold lacks some of the critical skills needed to perform his job on a satisfactory level.
- Monica refuses to accept the negative feedback from others regarding her performance.
- Nigel does not do anything to acquire additional job knowledge and skills.
- Bruce cannot effectively do his basic work duties without high levels of supervision.
- Janet ignores every single skill improvement opportunity offered to her.
- Olivia does not address her weaknesses in any way. She does not improve as a professional.
- David never reads the industry news. He is not interested in innovations.
- Rebecca’s job skills do not meet the current standards of the company.
- Steven hates being assigned tasks that bring in high responsibilities.
Self Evaluation Questions:
- What do you do to stay aware of the newest industry trends?
- How often do you take professional courses to update your job skills?
- Are you interested in projects that require extra efforts and responsibilities?
- Do you know all the procedures and processes required to perform your work well?
- What is your favorite source of industry news?
- Is it hard for you to meet the current standards of the company?
- When was the last time you have shared your job knowledge with others?
- Do you consider yourself an experienced employee?
- When was the last time when you could not finish the task on your own?
- Do you seek ways to expand your professional knowledge?
The samples of performance review phrases for Product knowledge is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, Product knowledge review phrases can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
If no matching phrase is found, you can also see a general list of performance review phrases and choose a more appropriate skill.