Interpersonal skill is your ability to communicate and work well with surrounding people and work under a lot of pressure. Many employers consider this is the most important soft skill that an employee should have. As a result, it position in a performance appraisal is very crucial. This section shall provide employer with appraisal phases for evaluating interpersonal skills.
The interpersonal skills include:
• Excelling or showing promise with other employees, managerial or supervisory relations.
• Identifying the needs of others during routine and/or special projects.
• Being aware of how to create and/or raising positive working relationship with co-workers, clients, management and/or customers.
• Acting on impulse of harmony, communication, understanding, knowledge and/or policy appropriately.
- Holly’s interpersonal skill is which keeps her team together and focused and connected toward common goals.
- Tim always works hard and takes positive to inspire his co-workers to work more effectively.
- In an inconvenient environment, Ryan is able to connect with people and encourage them to do a great job. This is the reason why we appreciate him.
- Peter can connect with people in an amazing way. The great personality is attributed in his management role.
- In a hard paced environment, Ryan has ability to relate to people and motivate them handle great jobs, this explains why everyone respects him.
- Peter is very popular as a work partner. Many employees want to cooperate with him.
- Arianna has impeccable conflict management skills. She cultivates a positive attitude among the members of her team.
- All the other employees enjoy working with Arnold. He is a very charismatic and endearing person.
- People enjoy working with George because he is always attentive to others and care about their concerns.
- Tyler is convinced that happy team members can positively affect his own job performance and does his best to establish good relationships with his colleagues.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Greg can get into conversation with anybody. He can relate to people around him very well
- Jean can work very well with other members in her team. She is dependable, cheerful and energetic.
- Jim has good relationships with others and they always speak highly of him
- Mary is highly appreciated by coworkers because she is positive and willing to listen
- Jack makes people feel comfortable when they are around him. He is very important to our team for his natural ability
- George relates to everyone else well regardless of their background.
- Nathan facilitates positive interactions between his subordinates.
- Samuel does not take for granted any contribution his colleagues make. He always finds time to express his gratitude and appreciation.
- Jonathan respects his colleagues opinions and the value they bring to the project.
- Greg is ready to have opened conservation with anybody. People around him all want to keep good relationship with him.
- Bill improves himself and works well with coworkers.
- Kevin can quickly connect with people and know the good way to relate with them.
- Kevin has good interpersonal skill. We can see him establishing relations with many people to get the job done.
- Peter’s relation with many people is a great advantage since it helps him complete the tasks more quickly.
- Jim tries to work friendly and well with others to get good comments from them.
- Marcus respects his colleagues and never distracts them from their work.
- Bruce positively interacts with other people regardless of their status.
- Henry corrects others without being offensive. Novice employees like dealing with him.
- Ingrid is open to improving interpersonal skills. She tries to become more respectful and empathetic.
- John is an affable fellow and he has mutual trust with his co-workers.
- Paula seems to be shy when she is around others and does not take care to establish good relationships with her co-workers
- Tim cannot tell “ friend ” from “ coworker ”. He only cares about friendship and does not build good working relationships
- Fred should keep on cultivating good relationships with others around him
- Tyler rarely shows his appreciation to the contribution others have made which makes his team members upset.
- Tim is not good at understanding how crucial good working relationships with fellow team members are.
- John creates an excellent impression among the management team, yet his team members can’t stand working with him.
- Since Jeremy puts the company’s goals above everything else, he is inclined to ignore personal situations and problems of the team members.
- Laura is quick to lose patience. She needs to become more compassionate.
- Kevin likes to tell inappropriate jokes that might frustrate other employees.
- Nathan criticizes other employees too often.
- We can only find upsetting things around Tide. He never appreciates anyone and rarely gives a positive comment on others.
- Tim does not understand that having good working relationships with others team members is very important.
- Peter’s character is so strong that it may damage the relationship within our team.
- John makes an impression that he is a great visionary, but the way he communicates his vision to others is unacceptable.
- In his career, Ryan has reached no achievements yet as he always got into bad relationship with other colleagues of
- Paula likes to stand alone in her team. She rarely contacts with others and they do not seem to like that, too.
- Victor talks behind others’ backs.
- Abigail has a very negative She fails to see the positive side of things, which turns clients and other employees off.
- Alexander does not acknowledge others’ expertise. He never gives proper credit to his co-workers.
- Marta behaves in a passive and aggressive way toward other employees.
Interpersonal Skills Performance Comments
- Excels or shows promise with other staff, managerial or supervisory relations;
- Reviews and/or recognizes the needs of others during routine and/or special projects;
- Understands how to create and/or nurture positive working relationships with coworkers, clients, management and/or customers;
- Promotes harmony, communication, understanding, knowledge and/or policy appropriately.
The sample of performance review phrases for interpersonal skills is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an interpersonal skills review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.