Communication skill nowadays is such an important skill that almost employees are required to have, except for those working in certain divisions such as operation line where they are not required frequently contacting with people. It is even more important that a manager must know to communicate with his employees in an effective way to developing a successful working relationship.
- Greg is an incredibly charismatic and friendly person.
- John can deliver exactly what the job requires and the outcome to be expected to his employees. He also frequently communicates with them to keep them in the right track.
- We can always ask Barry for information. He knows many things and is willing to share his knowledge with everyone.
- Bruce has a knack for summarizing and communicating results of the work to investors.
- Frank speaks persuasively and compellingly. He is an excellent presenter.
- Cindy is very confident and convincing when speaking in public.
- Sadie is a very talented orator. Both clients and colleagues respect her.
- Jane’s message is easily comprehended by others due to her excellent communication skills.
- Jennifer uses appropriate humor when interacting with clients and colleagues, which makes her a charismatic and pleasant person to deal with.
- Richard easily shares his ideas, instructions and other information with coworkers and clients.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Bryan gets on well with every division in the company. He is a very friendly communicator.
- Angela has a great sense of humor. She easily builds a friendly environment at business meetings.
- Emma is very proficient at technical explanations.
- Isla pushes coworkers to share their thoughts and suggestions at staff meetings.
- Jake helps every new employee to become a part of the team.
- Katie regularly holds meetings to improve communication between team members.
- Lionel writes rational and convincing business proposal letters.
- Olivia prepares brief but comprehensive reports that keep all the other employees up to date.
- Portia works on eliminating communication gaps between employees.
- Kevin appears quite confidently in front of crowd and manages to keep everyone engaged.
- Sandra communicates very effectively both in verbal and written language.
- Joshua is such a good communicator that he works very well with his team members.
- Clair speaks very friendly and openly with others. Therefore, she has good relationships with them.
- Daniel has a good attitude by speaking very friendly and openly with others. Thus, everyone wants to establish a good relationship with him.
- Aaron develops concise and professional presentations for clients.
- George maintains a positive work environment. His subordinates are willing to participate in discussions and share their ideas.
- Harry is an articulate and well-organized speaker.
- Marta has a friendly attitude toward other employees.
- Nigel delivers a positive image of our company when communicating with customers.
- Monica avoids using over-complicated language; thus, her speech is always clear and comprehensible.
- Fiona is shy and ineffective while speaking in front of many people.
- Tamara lacks confidence for speaking in public. She becomes overly nervous.
- Sara is too afraid to host teleconferences. She needs to improve her English speaking skills and become braver.
- Peter is a very experienced employee but he cannot overcome communication barriers when dealing with younger coworkers.
- Hayden frequently fails to keep team meetings on schedule. She has to improve her communication skills.
- Natalie tends to mix her personal life with the workplace communications. It distracts other employees.
- Sean often makes unnecessary assumptions that impede communication.
- Fred avoids difficult conversations. Sometimes such attitude causes further problems.
- Ethan never takes disciplinary actions when his subordinates fail to perform the job. He needs to improve communication skills to become a better leader.
- Joseph does not like to use modern communication methods. He slows down the rest of the team.
- Andrew fails to communicate with his team members in an effective way.
- Daniella often fails to meet effective way in communicating with her team members.
- Stephen often speaks bluntly when dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Tom is not dependable anymore. We cannot continue believing in what he says; in fact, we cannot understand well what he says, too.
- Justine will only make our customers think of us as only aiming for profit. We should not let her in that sales position.
- Aaron makes many speaking mistakes. He damages the image of our company.
- Michael does not demonstrate reliability and integrity in communication.
- Robert has a negative attitude, which impedes the communication process in the workplace.
- James blames and censures subordinates in public. No wonder why they do not like to work with him.
- Valerie fails to maintain good communication with her colleagues.
Self Evaluation Questions:
- Can you find a common language with difficult customers?
- How well do you handle criticism?
- Do you always manage to get your point across to other people?
- Have you ever been pissed off in the office?
- Do you maintain eye contact when talking with colleagues and clients?
- Do you participate in creating a positive company culture?
- How close are you with other employees in your department?
- Do you reach out to new employees to help them adapt to the company’s culture?
- Do you celebrate anniversaries and birthdays in the office?
- How do you respond to customer’s feedback?
The sample of performance review phrases for communication skills is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an communication review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
If no matching phrase is found, you can also see a general list of performance review phrases and choose a more appropriate skill.