Appearance is the major factor affecting what other people think about us, because this is the first thing they see when meeting us. Aside from wearing proper attire at work, following the rules of hygiene is another essential factor, which contributes to our overall appearance. Employees taking care of their clothes, hair, and wearing a good perfume may be more successful in finding a common language with their clients, as well as building and sustaining good relationships with other employees.
- are aware of the organization norms around appearance and personal hygiene
- respect the company’s dress code
- wear tailored and neat clothes and use grooming which does not conflict with the company’s regulations
- project an image of professionalism through their dressing
- create a professional atmosphere that attracts people
- introduce a good example to other employees
- do not distract people from focusing on the work
- Her clothes are always spick and span. She is an example for other employees to follow.
- She wears natural makeup that is attractive to clients and makes working with her a pleasurable experience for them.
- Her attractive appearance increases the company’s popularity with its clients as she directly works with them.
- Her appearance and personal hygiene are exceptional. Moreover, she does her best to adhere the company’s dress and grooming policy and regulations.
- Tony chooses his attire with precision and always looks smart.
- Peter’s personal hygiene and appearance are impeccable.
- Samantha manages to look amazing while respecting the company’s dress code policy.
- Louie is capable to represent the company in the best way possible.
- Clair’s appearance and personal hygiene are exceptional. Moreover, she does her best to adhere the company’s dress and grooming policy and regulations.
- Thomas respects the company’s dress code and always looks sharp.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- He pays a lot of attention to personal hygiene. He always looks fresh and clean.
- Colleagues like Jeremy because he has a very positive attitude and always looks neat.
- Gloria wears a good perfume and appropriate business attire, which makes her appear more reliable and professional to the clients.
- George’s clothes are always neat and clean, which makes him a perfect example for colleagues.
- Clients enjoy dealing with Vanessa because she has an attractive appearance and always demonstrates professional attitude.
- She always looks neat which makes her seem more reliable than other employees.
- Rachel dresses with dignity and style, causing colleagues to respect her boundaries.
- His slightly casual but always clean and perfectly ironed clothes make everyone feel comfortable dealing with him.
- He is always clean-shaven, never letting a single hair spoil his face.
- James respects the company’s dress policy and regulations.
- Saul abides by the company’s dress code and grooming standards.
- David maintains a professional appearance.
- Emma keeps her workplace clean.
- Peter never violates the dress code of the company.
- Ronald always wears a suit and a necktie.
- Jessica has a good sense of style but she wears dirty clothing sometimes.
- Bruce would look great if his shoes were not dirty.
- Monica strives to keep her office clean.
- Gregory dresses well but his personal grooming is poor.
- Usually Susan looks great, but she comes to work with uncombed hair sometimes.
- She tends to dress in overly bright clothes, distracting other employees and thus decreasing their performance at work.
- He shaves once in about two weeks, letting untidy stubble grow on his face and neck.
- Her skirt is too short, which has a negative effect on other employees’ performance as her appearance distracts them.
- He dresses too casually, even though the company’s dress code allows for casual attire. The way he dresses crosses the line.
- Stephen wears excessive perfume and being around him gives headaches to some employees.
- Sometimes Helen wears provocative clothing.
- Valerie has an unprofessional hairstyle.
- Rachel wears too many accessories, which distracts other employees.
- Thomas does not iron his clothes. His suit is wrinkled and rumpled all the time.
- Nathan constantly has a bad breath.
- He often has bad breath that many clients and employees complain about. It is often uncomfortable to approach or talk to him because of that.
- He wears clothes which are not allowed by the dress code of the company.
- She wears too much perfume. Some employees complain that it is virtually impossible to work when she is around.
- He forgets to regularly wash his clothes, which after a while start giving off an unpleasant odor.
- Her blouse is so transparent that other people can easily see her underwear beneath.
- He does not take care of his hair, which often grows long and looks greasy.
- The way Maria dresses does not comply with the company’s dress code.
- Louie’s appearance is untidy.
- Jessica often forgets to wash her clothes.
- Samantha wears too much makeup around the office.
The sample of performance review phrases for Appearance or Hygiene is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an appearance or hygiene review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.