Ethics are a code of conduct for the employees, which they follow at their workplace in order to reach the defined business goals and aims of the company. These rules are not based on provisions of law, but corporate ethics are usually strictly respected by all developed companies and their personnel. Following these rules is essential for negotiating, escaping conflicts and creating a successful business in general.
- Jade has gained many new customers thanks to honesty and a friendly behavior.
- Michael has high moral values. He never spreads rumors and discourages other negative discourse.
- Quentin never lies or bends the truth.
- Tom is a highly talented speaker. He is irreplaceable at negotiating with difficult customers.
- George encourages his subordinates to stand on ethics and high moral principles.
- Emma maintains a professional attitude under any circumstances.
- Thanks to her ability to resolve disputes with clients and partners peacefully, the company always avoids any legal proceedings.
- She prevents any gossips and other private conversations at the workplace, thus forming a good working climate.
- She has developed an effective system of encouraging and criticizing of her employees, which is respected by the working community.
- He is well-mannered and never criticizes his colleagues when they do something incorrectly. He helps to remedy the situation instead.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Peter always does what is right regardless of consequences.
- Jennifer is an extremely honest employee who fully complies with the company’s ethical policy.
- Robert demonstrates integrity in the workplace, making an example to other employees.
- Customers have been happily surprised by Abigail’s honesty.
- She always complies with the dress code and her business behavior is as proper and formal as her appearance.
- He is good at negotiation following corporate rules and studied techniques, which has positive impact on his career development.
- Jack is a punctual person who values time and efforts of customers and other employees.
- Harry makes sure his team understands and follows ethical guidelines.
- Robert is a person of great principle and a good manager and treats all his employees equally, regardless their gender, age and other irrelevant options.
- Oliver is very loyal. He has never violated the company’s policies.
- Frank never exploits loopholes in the company’s rules for personal benefit.
- Jessica does not point fingers at other employees. She always admits her mistakes.
- Jessica is very punctual and values the time of her colleagues and business partners. She has never been late to business meetings.
- Jessica is a very honest person and never affords to use any company’s benefits for her personal purposes.
- he always goes into details during business communications to make sure that her partner understands her point of view. But It takes too much working time.
- Due to her own high ethical approach, she has faith in other people. She is convinced that they want to work and do it as properly as she does, but unfortunately it is not always true.
- He values a mutually beneficial cooperation with his partners and maintains good relationships with them, but he absolutely forgets about the necessary competitiveness, which is also important in business.
- He has created democratic and equal relationships with his employees but he should have been more demanding.
- George complies with the company’s ethical standards.
- Donald never spends time at work doing personal things unrelated to his job.
- Sometimes Michael behave unethically, which damages the image of the company.
- George is inconsistent in following the company’s ethical guidelines.
- Linda often takes office supplies home for personal use.
- Aaron is over-familiar to some customers. He has to change his behavior.
- Natalie is often late to work. She makes customers and other employees wait for her, which is very unprofessional.
- Harry does not listen to his team members. He has to become more open-minded.
- Always trying to follow the dress code, she seems to be too focused on her appearance instead of working skills.
- Highly respecting corporate ethics, he has created a too strict atmosphere at the office. The staff cannot show a little initiative in such climate.
- He is too restrained and does not encourage or compliment his personnel when he ought to do it.
- She cannot afford to tell off her employees even when they make serious mistakes in business negotiations.
- Abigail has tried to hide her mistakes from the supervisor numerous times.
- Wendy fails to demonstrate a high standard of ethics.
- Kate has no respect for the company’s policies and procedures.
- Trevor often takes credit for the work of other employees.
- Bruce is ready to defraud customers for the personal benefit.
- Simon does not understand his regal responsibility to the organization.
- Cleveland does not keep his promises. He cannot be trusted with important tasks.
- Francesca is not a team player. She always refuses from the group work.
- Cindy spends too much time on things unrelated to her main tasks. She slows down the rest of the team.
- Marta provides special treatment to colleagues she likes.
Self Evaluation Questions:
- Do you always follow the company’s ethical policies?
- What is your standard of excellence and what do you do to conform to it?
- How many times have you broken your promises to colleagues?
- Are there any situations that can make you lie to customers?
- Have you ever made colleagues question your honesty and integrity?
- Is keeping a promise important to you?
- Are you ready to make sacrifices in order to meet high moral standards?
- Do you provide honest feedback no matter what?
- What do you do to improve your personal qualities?
- Do you treat every colleague the same regardless of their position?
The sample of performance review phrases for ethics is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an ethics review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
If no matching phrase is found, you can also see a general list of performance review phrases and choose a more appropriate skill.