Delegating is a skill used by managers and supervisors to commit work to others.
- Arthur knows how to select the most appropriate person for a task of any difficulty.
- Edna never puts her subordinates under pressure. She delegates tasks early without setting tight deadlines.
- When assigning, Peter defines every step of the task in plain language.
- Jennifer sets clear and understandable goals that never cause extra questions or hidden mistakes.
- Leopold creates thoughtful plans for his representatives in order to minimize the risk of failure.
- Harry fully prepares his representatives before sending them to professional appointments.
- Vince is an attentive supervisor. He has never made a mistake when delegating important assignments.
- Whenever it is necessary, Olivia gives a hand to her delegates.
- Lionel has open communication in his department to guarantee that the projects he delegates are conducted well.
- Aaron consistently checks the updates of the projects he turned over to others.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Ivan gives specific objectives to subordinates in order to teach them new skills.
- When delegating, Janet never refuses to provide assistance to employees.
- Rachel does not load new hires with difficult tasks right away. At first, she tests their skills with easier assignments.
- Edna resorts to delegation only if it can boost up her productivity.
- Harry uses analytical skills to evaluate the skills of new hires and pick the most fitting employees for any task.
- Bernard allows his delegates to deviate from the plan if it does not damage the productivity.
- Nigel holds regular team meetings to be aware of the progress of the delegated tasks.
- Quentin allows teammates to work independently but checks on them to make sure they follow his instructions.
- Jeremy is a respectable leader. Subordinates always accept tasks assigned by him.
- Luke delegates just enough authority to complete assigned tasks so that his subordinates will not be able to misuse it.
- Travis effectively tracks and manages the delegated assignments.
- Robert does not delegate difficult tasks that he must complete himself.
- Elizabeth saves her time by delegating novice-friendly tasks to juniors.
- Edward does not interfere in the working process of his delegates.
- John is a talented supervisor who ensures that the other employees do their job right.
- Before handing over tasks to others, Tabitha explains all the details about it.
- Elaine manages people in the most efficient way possible. The team handles most of her orders.
- Michael utilizes online management services to control subordinates more efficiently.
- Oliver stays positive and supportive even when the employee fails the delegated task.
- Portia keeps most of the employees prepared for any assignments.
- Benjamin does not want to allow subordinates to make somewhat serious work.
- Layla does not consider the skill set of an employee when delegating tasks to them.
- Monica does not manage important paperwork herself. She makes new hires do that even though this is not a part of their duties.
- Brad cannot find common ground with subordinates, which damages delegation.
- Sandra allows subordinates to abuse her credulity. She needs to be tougher.
- Angelina shifts responsibility to subordinates all the time. She is not ready to be in charge.
- Edna rarely acknowledges the contribution of the team.
- Harry does not properly check the progress of the tasks he delegates.
- Peter tries to complete as many tasks as he can on his own, which damages his productivity.
- Rebecca prohibits juniors to make even the smallest decisions on their own. She is too authoritative.
- Mark hates when other employees take the initiative. He prefers everything to be done his way.
- Albert expects too much from inexperienced juniors. He does not consider their skills when delegating.
- Robert makes other people do his job too often. He abuses his authority.
- Abigail lacks leadership qualities. Delegates do not take her assignments seriously.
- Leonard sets unrealistic objectives with overly tight deadlines for his representatives.
- Marta refuses to let other employees do her job. She is loaded with work all the time because of that.
- Valerie does not delegate tasks even when she cannot deal with them on her own.
- Terry makes other people do the job that he is supposed to do on his own.
- Henry comes up with incompetent plans and makes his representatives follow them.
- James turns a blind eye on mistakes made by his favorite juniors.
The sample of performance review phrases for delegating is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, a goal achievement review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.