Computer skills are used to manage the software and hardware of computers.
- Edna is able to adapt to new computer software within a single day.
- Albert has switched the company to new software. The overall productivity has increased significantly thanks to that.
- Jennifer knows how to install, set up, and use all kinds of business management software.
- Tabitha easily overcomes every computer software problem she faces.
- Harry has mastered every Microsoft Office application, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Valerie has developed an effective software solution designed specifically for our company.
- Abigail understands all the nuances of the hardware used in the department.
- Lionel excels at using the latest social media tools and CMS software.
- Aaron has many years of experience of working with different database management systems.
- Jane easily identifies the root cause of any hardware problem.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Yvette is able to restore corrupted computer files after an emergency shutdown.
- Stacy is a system administrator who does not let software issues affect the productivity of the team.
- Whenever someone in the office has problems with computer software, Janet is there to help.
- Elizabeth knows how to create and operate a large computer network.
- Gwen makes the best use of modern computer software to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Nigel helps other members of the team handle most of the software problems.
- Harry is a wonderful graphic designer who demonstrates incredible talent in creating ads.
- Gregory makes sure there is not a single non-working computer in the department.
- Luke has successfully set up computer software on every computer in the office.
- Sandra has set up regular data backups to ensure she will not lose her files in case of a forced shutdown or hardware malfunction.
- Even though Jerry does not know how to troubleshoot the software he uses, he can fix most of the problems with instructions from the internet.
- Robert does not need help in setting up new software, but he has no idea how to install it.
- Edward is a skilled computer user who knows the basics of pretty much any computer software.
- Elaine does not mind to switch to new software if it is needed.
- Christopher is a decent web content manager who adds and updates content on the company’s website every few days.
- Tamara has a basic understanding of how to use office software.
- Michael manually creates copies of his most important files and keeps them in the cloud.
- Elizabeth is eager to learn how to use computer software she has never seen before.
- Chris knows how to reinstall an operating system or restore it to the factory settings.
- Penny does not ask for help until she is completely sure she can fix a computer problem herself.
- Rebecca does not know much about the office software used in our company.
- Layla has a very poor typing speed. It takes her forever to write even a short letter.
- Monica refuses to switch to other computer software unless it is absolutely required.
- George has made numerous mistakes when setting up an office computer network.
- Sandra does not know how to upgrade a computer.
- Angelina turns off her working station improperly. She just uses the power button, which can lead to lost data and file system errors.
- David uses personal passwords that are too simple and ineffective.
- Harry rarely archives files. All his work might be gone in a moment is his drive crashes.
- Susan does not keep the operating system and software on her personal workstation up to date.
- Peter neglects basic internet safety rules.
- Mark refuses to use advanced computer software. Instead, he utilizes outdated and ineffective work methods.
- Robert opens questionable websites and e-mail attachment from his personal workstation, which makes the device vulnerable to viruses and malware.
- Albert connects his business laptop to unsecured Wi-Fi signals. He risks the confidential data of our company.
- Olivia failed to set up a small wireless network. She seems to not understand the basics of networking.
- Scarlett cannot manage even the simplest computer software.
- Marta has no idea how to fix unexpected software errors. She slows down the entire team because of that.
- Victor never reads software license agreements. He just presses Next or OK right away.
- Arthur does not know how to update computer software. He uses outdated versions of programs that might contain dangerous vulnerabilities.
- James forgets to save his work all the time. He has already wasted many hours restoring the lost files.
- Michael downloads and installs software from the internet by himself without prior permission from the boss.
Self Evaluation Questions:
- Do you know how to fix the basic computer problems?
- Have you ever taken any computer science courses?
- Can you troubleshoot computer hardware problems?
- Do you consider yourself an avid internet user?
- How much time do you need to get used to new professional software?
- Do you understand how personal computers work?
- Can you install or update professional software on your own?
- How much time do you need to create a small presentation in Keynote or PowerPoint?
- What are your favorite professional online tools?
- Do you require help to set up new professional software?
The sample of performance review phrases for computer skills is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, computer skills review phrases can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
If no matching phrase is found, you can also see a general list of performance review phrases and choose a more appropriate skill.