Ambition at work is a strong desire for rank and success. Ambitious employees are extremely valuable for any business. They want to build a career and therefore are willing and ready to work.
- Jennifer is able to work day and night without losing optimism and enthusiasm.
- Howard always goes extra mile and does whatever it takes to achieve more.
- Edward sincerely believes that he can be a boss and strives to prove it with actions.
- Bernie developed a plan of building a great career. He manages to keep up with it so far.
- Christopher sets very challenging personal goal and achieves them without much problems.
- Robert always volunteers for ambitious work projects that require extra efforts.
- Elaine is full of enthusiasm, energy, and ambition. She is trying to be the best all the time.
- Jack has a tremendous ambition and takes biggest steps possible in the direction of achieving it.
- Rachel successfully follows her objective of becoming the first female head of her department.
- Peter’s incredible passion and enthusiasm come through in everything he does at work.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- Tabitha competes with herself by setting new personal and professional challenges.
- Susan stays positive and motivated on her path of becoming the team leader.
- Monica continuously sets goals for herself in order to be a better professional.
- Oliver is entirely focused on improving his career. He keeps improving his efforts and perform more.
- Arthur always sets new personal goals as soon as he reaches the existing ones.
- Bruce have shown incredible motivation and a sense of purpose when working on his first personal project.
- Janet is not afraid of challenging tasks that cannot be completed without hard and enduring work.
- Instead of comparing herself with others, Ingrid is focused on her own professional objectives.
- David likes to take risks and is constantly betting on himself in the workplace.
- Nathan never misses a chance to explore new opportunities and show off his talents.
- Elizabeth claims that she sees hard projects as opportunities to master new skills.
- Nora chooses difficult yet attainable objectives. She finds the perfect balance between being sensible and ambitious.
- George is willing to work extra hours in order to achieve more than his colleagues do.
- Most of the time Aaron shows admirable dedication and persistence in the workplace.
- Quentin splits time-consuming tasks in order to speed up the process and get ahead of deadlines.
- Michael does not let his job define him. Instead, he often tries out new and risky approaches.
- Xavier have surrounded himself with ambitious people, which helps him feel more motivated and focused.
- Linda is ready to invest plenty of time into her personal and professional goals.
- Valerie has never missed a deadline over the last several months thanks to her motivation on success.
- Michelle is never satisfied with that she has so she always strives to outperform herself.
- Yvonne keeps overestimating her actual abilities and makes a lot of mistakes because of it.
- Rachel is too focused on recognition and fame. She needs to concentrate on attaining knowledge instead.
- Cindy got caught in the trap of doing more work than she can handle, which led to a mental breakdown.
- Michael spends too much time building plans instead of grabbing the moment and taking actions.
- Jennifer seems to be not interested in career development. She severely lacks motivation.
- Trevor is often consumed with negative emotions, which slows down his professional development.
- Oliver is afraid to take additional responsibilities. He keeps making excuses to refuse taking complex tasks.
- Ingrid has stopped developed as a professional even though she has a lot of unrealized potential.
- Sophie is not committed to the company’s goals. She never performs more than she has to.
- Howard is overly ambitious, which sometimes makes him toxic towards other employees.
- Emma is convinced that she is better than her colleagues are but she never proves that with actions.
- Harold refuses to expose himself to alternative ways of thinking. He lacks ambitious to try something new.
- Monica never takes risks. She is too afraid of making mistakes to push herself out of her comfort zone.
- Nigel lacks self-efficacy. He does not believe he is able to carry out difficult tasks.
- Bruce seems to be unhappy with his current position but he does not do anything to move up the career ladder.
- Janet pursues her ambitions at a cost to other employees. Other employees tend to avoid her.
- David refuses to visit refresher courses and gain new knowledge. He does not want to improve.
- Olivia does not care about the success of her department. She merely performs her job.
- Rebecca cannot focus on her career due to personal problems. She needs to keep work and home life separate.
- Steven lacks ambitions to chase challenging goals and try out revolutionary approaches.
Self Evaluation Questions:
- Have you ever missed deadlines and delayed projects due to overconfidence?
- Are you satisfied with your current job responsibilities?
- Would you like to work on more complex and challenging projects?
- How do you set and measure your personal goals?
- What is your source of motivation that helps you improve as a professional?
- How often do you procrastinate to the point of failure?
- Do you manage to maintain a good work-life balance?
- Are you happy with your current level of knowledge?
- When was the last time you have outperformed yourself?
- How do you get something done before a deadline?
The samples of performance review phrases for Ambition is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, ambition review phrases can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
If no matching phrase is found, you can also see a general list of performance review phrases and choose a more appropriate skill.