Judgment and discretion are very important qualities of an employee. A reasonable person with good judgment abilities comes up with the best solutions and easily solves any problems. Therefore, assessment of judgment skills should be included in every employee appraisal. With the use of the example phrases listed below, you will be able to conduct an effective performance review.
- Trevor is excellent at forming objective judgements based on facts.
- Valerie remains a truthful and trustworthy evaluator of facts even in stressful circumstances.
- Philipp is eager to analyze trends and information in order to maximize the company’s performance.
- Samantha uses both proven methodologies and new techniques for problem-solving. She never fails to minimize the damage.
- Tom shows outstanding abilities in analytical reasoning. He often comes up with unique and effective ideas.
- Being a good leader, Michael assumes responsibility for bad decisions.
- Gwen easily identifies the core issues at finds reasonable ways to eliminate them.
- Instead of using outdated and ineffective techniques, Jack comes up with elegant solutions that increase the productivity.
- Barbara is a trustworthy decision maker. She always finds effective solutions on time.
- Sharon is able to “think outside the box” and create tailor-made solutions for particular situations.
Exceeds Requirements/More than Satisfactory:
- George never exceeds his authority when speaking on behalf of the organization.
- Before making a decision that does not correspond with the general policy of the company, Louie always asks for advance permission.
- Aaron makes cost-effective decisions that save the company’s money.
- Wendy is an open-minded person who makes decisions only after listening to all members of the team.
- In hard times, Bruce never loses confidence and remains reasonable. He is a man of sound judgment.
- Cindy avoids premature decisions. She prefers to weigh all pros and cons beforehand.
- Yvonne makes the final decision only after she compiles all the facts.
- Harold avoids emotions when solving business problems. He keeps his personal life separate from work.
- Daisy is a calm and confident person who never makes illogical decisions.
- Fabian analyzes every aspect of a problem before building a solution.
- Sue always gathers all relevant information before making any decisions.
- Jennifer can make sound judgments to consider the most suitable solution to a problem.
- Terry knows to apply appropriate knowledge and information source to make sound decisions.
- Susan can be very persuasive with her sound arguments.
- Jerald is an unbiased, fact-based decision-maker.
- Determining immediate actions, Daniel is still able to maintain his objective judgment.
- Clair is able to apply appropriate knowledge and use reliable information sources to make sound decisions.
- Harry always demonstrates sound judgment when choosing the best way to solve a problem.
- Vladimir understands that his emotions should not influence his business judgment. He is able to make reasonable decisions.
- Linda has the ability to dissect any problem into many manageable parts.
- It is not a common thing with Terry to consider all the facts to make decision.
- Jessica cannot handle pressure well; therefore, she tends to make quick decisions that are normally not the best.
- Jessica cannot deal with stress when facing urgent matters. She has to improve her problem-solving skills.
- Sometimes Quentin makes judgments based entirely on stereotypes. Such behavior is unacceptable.
- Abigail often makes hasty and ineffective decisions. She has to work on her analytical skills.
- Aaron does not demonstrate sufficient analytical abilities for the job. He has to become more thoughtful.
- Michael fails to remain calm and reasonable in stressful situations. He has to learn to control his emotions.
- Rachel does not thoroughly research every alternative option before making the final decision.
- Marta is usually afraid to deliver disappointing news. She does not seem to understand how important it is to keep the rest of the team up to date.
- Jane rarely evaluates all the advantages and disadvantages of available solutions.
- Terry damages the image and reputation of our company through his ethical fallacies. He has to change his attitude and become more respectful to customers and other employees.
- Tamara does not evaluate all the possible outcomes of her decisions. She severely lacks discipline.
- Jack often demonstrates questionable judgment on various issues. He is too prejudiced and emotional.
- Gregory does not devote enough time to understand the urgent issues. He makes many bad decisions because of this.
- Tamara does not truss her subordinates and do not provide them with decision-making responsibilities.
- Elizabeth does not demonstrate confidence and prudence when presenting her solutions to the team.
- Quentin cannot stay decisive and reasonable in times of unexpected problems and tight deadlines.
- Nathan fails to understand what problems have to be solved immediately and what can wait.
- Jordan cannot maintain calmness and cool-head while dealing with problems.
- Sam doesn’t consult the ideas of others and may form a subjective judgment.
Self Evaluation Questions:
- What methods of data collection and analysis do you use to assess information?
- Did you ever make serious mistakes due to poor judgment?
- What factors do you consider to choose the most suitable solution to a problem?
- Have you ever let your emotions cloud judgment?
- Do you play close attention to every problem in the workplace?
- Can you modify the course of action on the go if it is required?
- Do you listen to other people when making decisions?
- How many of your urgent decisions have actually worked out?
- Do you assess all the pros and cons of a solution before approving it?
- What do you do to stay calm and think logically when making decisions?
The sample of performance review phrases for judgment is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, the judgment review phrases can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
If no matching phrase is found, you can also see a general list of performance review phrases and choose a more appropriate skill.