Any job requires certain technical skills to accomplish. And if an employee wants to perform his job well, he has to understand the technical requirement of the job. Technical requirement doesn’t mean the technology but more accurately, the professional operations needed to perform the job. For instance, as for a worker in a manufacturing factory, technical requirements may mean the mechanical operation of the machine that the workers have to know.
Positive performance review phrases for technical skills
1. Harry is an excellent staff and he understands thoroughly our systems and processes.
2. Bob is provided many complicated tasks but he performs them easily as if they are so simple.
3. Ryan is always the first staff who understands thoroughly and performs the new technology well.
4. Bill is always the first choice whenever we need a person to perform new technology.
5. Everything seems to have big step in the world of technology. We always put our trust on Ted because he is expert in working with some of our systems which are the previous generation ones.
6. Walter knows thoroughly the technical essence of his assignments.
7. Paul is good at solving complicated issues in his job.
8. Jenny has ability to learn new technology quickly and successfully apply it into our performance.
9. Greg has good knowledge of the technology and he knows how to apply it efficiently.
Negative performance review phrases for technical skills
1. Paul is not good enough to be a technician.
2. Fred has good knowledge of business, but he fails in communicating with other technical members of his team.
3. Peter should attend more training sessions and study hard to improve his technical knowledge.
4. Terry’s technical essence is not as perfect as it is displayed in his application.
5. Sometimes, Walter seems to ignore technical concepts. He should add more technical concepts to satisfy requirements for his role.
6. Peter does not know how to catch the latest technology and he needs excessive sessions to be trained more. He should be ready to face changes.
7. Ryan seems to feel hard when learning new technology.
8. Bob is unable to get along with our technology though our systems are used for a long time and well documented.
9. Bill should equip more knowledge of technology for his job.
You can ref free list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for technical skills is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, technical skills review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.