Management style is a decisive factor to the appropriate management within an organization. Therefore, when selecting a manager, his/her management style is one of the most basic factors to decide whether he/she is suitable to the position. This section below will provide a various ways of remarking a management style of a manager which should be very useful in evaluating such a manager.
Positive performance review phrases for management style
1. Walter is very good at managing his team perform their tasks excellently.
2. Peter is a good manager and he leads his team to perform their assignments well.
3. Greg has met a hard circumstance: he managed a messy team but he used his ability to take his team to be one of the best in our organization.
4. Terry’s team and managers gave him good remarks and feedback.
5. Thomas is very good at training employees and he directs them use their strength to better their performance.
6. Fred plays a role as a counselor, friend, and boss in his team. He plays three roles well to manage his team efficiently.
7. Bob is expert in training his employees and he provides them a good management.
8. Fred leads his team to be the best team though he has got difficulties with it.
9. John will be considered a “player’s coach” because of his thoroughly understanding of his team and how to encourage them to gain high performance.
10. Walter’s team highly appropriates his management style.
11. People do not doubt Peter’s ability in his management by understanding how to supervise his employees to meet expectations.
12. Greg was assigned to the worst sale unit of our company two years ago. But everything has changed thank to his efforts. Now, his team has become the most effective unit in our corporation.
Negative performance review phrases for management style
1. Despite Jim is a good supervisor, he does not know how to lead his staff to achieve perfect performance.
2. Paul is bad at managing a high performance team and he does not know how to perform.
3. Julie was a good employee but it is not good enough to become an excellent manager.
4. Bill displays his unfairness with his team because he only cares for his favorites.
5. Bill is not expert in managing staff. We agree with employees’ complaint about the impossible requirements of Bill. He should learn to accept a reasonable work-personal life balance.
6. Kyle is a good supervisor, but in this field he is not expert. He is unable to manage his team well and his team’s performance is not good.
7. Bryan does not have the combination between manager and employees. He finds it hard to distinguish between his personal relationships and work relationships.
8. Paul does not know how to set the targets and lead his team to reach them. He feels confused when performing the goals and leading his team to go forward.
9. Bill is not good at managing employees. His employees consistently complaint of unreasonable expectations. Bill needs to improve his acceptance of a reasonable work personal life balance.
10. Kyle is not excellent manager to supervise well performance of his employees. He doesn’t know how to motivate them for the effort to work.
11. Bryan has not made the transition from co-worker to manager very well. It is difficult for him to separate his personal relationship with professional ones.
12. Paul may be in “survival mode” without focusing on goals necessary to move his team forward, because he is not clever man to understand how to set team goals and manage his team for achievement.
13. Because of her extreme loyalty to the company, she forces the team to work overtime regularly.
The sample of performance review phrases for management style is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an management style review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.