Performance review phrases for listening skills.
Many people think or wish that they have a good listening skill while, in fact, they rarely pay attention to others’ comment or opinions. If a manager doesn’t listen to his employees or customers, the consequences can be the dissatisfaction of the employees or customers.
Advantages of Having an Active Listening Skill:
• People need sometimes to be recognized their contribution so that they are more confident to maintain a good performance in the future;
• Listening to others is not a difficult task, in fact, it is very easy. It is not that much of a difficulty to place on one’s position to consider their problems;
• Active listening helps people identify their mistakes, what they lack and what they need to improve;
• Active listening always helps identify the agreement among fields of perspectives so that the problem can be reduced rather than magnified;
• Listening and providing feedback on regular basis offer the employees chance of improving themselves as well as resolving potential problems in timely and duly manner.
Positive performance review phrases for listening skills
• Encourage others to give their own opinions;
• Listen to their opinion and ensure that they feel that they are being listened to and feel free to express the opinions;
• Master the skill of reflecting what the employee says and their opinions;
• Try to understand the employee’s point of view;
• Show appropriate behaviors and gestures such as nodding or keeping eye contact to indicate the attention and agreement;
• Be patient to listen to others’ opinion and wait until they finish their lines.
Negative performance review phrases for listening skills
• Not pay attention when others are talking and frequently ask silly questions;
• Be easy to be distracted when listening to others;
• Interrupt others while they are speaking;
• Don’t want to listen to others;
• Be easy to lose temper when others give criticism;
• Interrupt others and change their topics if don’t like.
You can ref free list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for listening skills is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, listening skills review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.