Performance review phrases for listening skills.
Many people think or wish that they have a good listening skill while, in fact, they rarely pay attention to others’ comment or opinions. If a manager doesn’t listen to his employees or customers, the consequences can be the dissatisfaction of the employees or customers.
Advantages of Having an Active Listening Skill:
• People need sometimes to be recognized their contribution so that they are more confident to maintain a good performance in the future;
• Listening to others is not a difficult task, in fact, it is very easy. It is not that much of a difficulty to place on one’s position to consider their problems;
• Active listening helps people identify their mistakes, what they lack and what they need to improve;
• Active listening always helps identify the agreement among fields of perspectives so that the problem can be reduced rather than magnified;
• Listening and providing feedback on regular basis offer the employees chance of improving themselves as well as resolving potential problems in timely and duly manner.
I/ Positive performance review phrases for listening skills
• Encourage others to give their own opinions;
• Listen to their opinion and ensure that they feel that they are being listened to and feel free to express the opinions;
• Master the skill of reflecting what the employee says and their opinions;
• Try to understand the employee’s point of view;
• Show appropriate behaviors and gestures such as nodding or keeping eye contact to indicate the attention and agreement;
• Be patient to listen to others’ opinion and wait until they finish their lines.
II/ Negative performance review phrases for listening skills
• Not pay attention when others are talking and frequently ask silly questions;
• Be easy to be distracted when listening to others;
• Interrupt others while they are speaking;
• Don’t want to listen to others;
• Be easy to lose temper when others give criticism;
• Interrupt others and change their topics if don’t like.
You can ref free list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for listening skills is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, listening skills review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.