Knowledge is one of the three fundamental aspects to be considered in evaluating an employee (Knowledge, Skill, and Ability). As a manager, to be able to evaluate this criterion of an employee, the manager must be able to know the typical descriptions of a person with good or bad knowledge about the job. I would like to introduce here several review phrases which will help you understand how it is to be an employee with good and bad knowledge:
Positive performance review phrases for job knowledge
- John is very studious. He is willing to study the knowledge about the job and share everything he knows with other team members;
- John always keeps himself updated of new information and knowledge in relation to his field of expertise;
- John shows a potentially excellent knowledge about the job requirements and related skills;
- John is very knowledgeable about the products and special features of the products of the company.
- John is very learnable and he is always eager to learn everything about the job;
- John pays a lot of attention to new advancement and development in the industry and subjects of interests; therefore, he always gets the up-to-date knowledge about the issues of concern;
- John is a very potential employee as his knowledge about the job is quite remarkable;
- John has contributed much to the organization thanks to his great understanding and knowledge about our products and competitors.
- John is good at identifying the company’s products and special features of them.
Negative performance review phrases for job knowledge
- John cannot fulfill his duties as his lack of necessary knowledge about the job;
- John doesn’t even know how to perform the simplest tasks and we cannot let him out of the sight of our supervisors;
- John is not as knowledgeable about the job and its requirements as we expected at first;
- John doesn’t even know the key fundamentals of the job and he always has to ask for other ’s instruction.
- Betty fails to accomplish her assignments since she doesn’t have enough knowledge about the initial procedure;
- Betty has a weak knowledge about the job that it is hard for her to enhance it;
- Betty fails to handle the smallest job-related tasks; she doesn’t know anything significant about this job.
- John fails to meet his duties because he does not know necessary knowledge about the job.
- John fails to meet first requirement of amount of knowledge about the job.
- John always asks for other’s instruction because he doesn’t even know the key fundamental of the job.
The sample of performance review phrases for job knowledge is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, job knowledge review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.