Teamwork is when many people work in a group and cooperate together to do a job and achieve a common goal. Cooperation means a group member knows to joint effort with others, take their strength to compensate for his weakness. If there is competition among members, there will be no teamwork. The role of a leader in a team is crucial to the success of teamwork. He must orient each member to a common goal and figure out way to develop their abilities and skills.
You can use positive and negative performance review phrases as follows:
Positive Appraisel Phrases for Teamwork
• John has a high spirit of teamwork. He readily cooperates with his team members to get the job done.
• John is very good at encouraging other members to do the job with the best effort.
• John respects every team members.
• John appreciates it very much new ideas of his team members.
• John is very active in asking for opinion of his team members before making a decision.
• John is reliable to his team members and expects the same from his team members.
• We have many teams here in our company and Team’s ability to work well with all of them is a great asset of ours.
• Harry knows the fundamentals of maintaining a professional and effective relationship with his employees, colleagues and managers.
• Ben is never the man who cares about who will get the credit. His only concern is that his job is done well.
• Paul always makes a good working manner with others.
• Harry uses his management by putting his relationship a long with his coworkers, managers and employees in a professional manner.
Negative appraisal phrases on Teamwork
• John doesn’t have a good relationship with his team members. He sometimes refuses to accept their opinion.
• John may be a person of independence. He is not suitable to teamwork task.
• John doesn’t want to share his information with others in relation to the job.
• John is inactive in cooperating with others.
• When he was still a team member, Peter demonstrated a poor teamwork skill. Now he is in a supervisory role, I believe that we cannot count much on him for a good teamwork environment.
• Esther puts a focus of mind on her job but lacks necessary teamwork skill to ensure the task is accomplished well.
• Ollie seems to be reluctant to work with others. He should improve his teamwork skill better.
• Paul is so contented with his qualification and knowledge that he rarely cooperates with others.
• Ryan holds on to too much and doesn’t delegate to his team effectively.
• Bryan only takes care of accomplishing his own work with helping those members of his team.
• Walker is inconsistent in supporting his teammates.
• Peter was proficient in joining common work of his team, which helps him to get the position of supervisor but now he has not yet maintain those teamwork skill.
• Norman doesn’t fully grasp how to utilize his teammates to accomplish goals, but instead continually complains that no one will help him.
The sample of performance review phrases for teamwork is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an teamwork review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.