Problem Solving is a highly intellectual-mental process and is considered the most complex skill the each person should have. It is a cognitive process involving modeling the problem and combining various skills in dealing with a certain situation.
Problem Solving is a fundamental skill of management and leadership in addition to decision making ability. While decision making is more personal in nature, problem solving may be improved and trained.
You can use positive and negative performance review phrases as follows:
Positive Appraise Phrases on Problem-Solving
• John is very good at analyzing any situation and works out a solution to such situation.
• John always defines a problem clearly and seeks out various solutions.
• John always thinks twice before making his decision.
• John keeps everyone update of what is going on within the company.
• John is prepared to face with complex situations and always able to work out suitable solutions to offer to the managers.
Negative appraisal phrases on Problem-Solving
• John seems to struggle hard to work out a solution to any difficult matter.
• John cannot stand along facing with any tense problem.
• John easily loses his focus when standing in front of a complex situation.
• John fails to provide the managers with necessary information when a problem arises.
• John repeats his mistakes over and over again. He doesn’t know how to learn from failure.
You can ref list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for problem solving is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an problem solving review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.