Simply to say, when you take the initiative in something, you do that without having someone tell you. It’s not reckless doing but a careful consideration with thinking and taking the advantage of suitable situation. Therefore, initiative staff is very valuable to any organization. Such staff includes those that:
• Are highly motivated.
• Are ready to act without waiting for order.
• Do their job in a correct and clever way.
• Know to ask the necessary questions.
• Are willing to take over more tasks after finishing one.
• Are active and dynamic and time-respectful.
• Know not to become a workaholic.
1. Positive Appraise Phases on initiative performance
• Dean doesn’t wait for other people told him what to do, he always seeks new tasks.
• We don’t need to supervise John too close. He is a very initiative person.
• John has a high sense of responsibility to his job. He tries himself to perfect his performance without anyone telling him to.
• John never feels satisfied with his performance. He always seeks new ways to improve it by himself.
• John is a supporter of new ideas, goals and working methods.
• John is always ready to take over new tasks whenever it appears.
2. Negative appraisal phrases on initiative performance
• John is not as experienced and knowledgeable as he tells in his application.
• We must take a close supervision on John if we wish to have him complete this work.
• John is an inactive person as he never wishes and is ready to learn new skills or develop his qualification.
• It seems too difficult for John to do his job on his own.
• John can hardly improve if he continues neglecting opportunities in front of him.
• It is typical of John to think inside a box and be afraid of risking doing in a new way.
You can ref list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for initiative is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an initiative review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.