Performance review phrases for initiative (create Ideals/Creative…).
Simply to say, when you take the initiative in something, you do that without having someone tell you. It’s not reckless doing but a careful consideration with thinking and taking the advantage of suitable situation. Therefore, initiative staff is very valuable to any organization. Such staff includes those that:
• Are highly motivated.
• Are optimistic and enthusiastic.
• Are ready to act without waiting for order.
• Are self-starting and self-disciplined.
• Are doers and problem solvers.
• Are willing to accept responsibility.
• Are reliable and stable.
• Do their job in a correct and clever way.
• Learn to listen and adopt a questioning attitude.
• Know to ask the necessary questions.
• Set high standards.
• Develop creative thinking activities.
• Adopt the “owner attitude”.
• Set goals for themselves.
• Are willing to take over more tasks after finishing one.
• Are active and dynamic and time-respectful.
• Know not to become a workaholic.
• Have a commitment to their work and aren’t satisfied with average results.
You can use positive and negative performance review phrases as follows:
1. Positive Appraise Phrases on initiative performance
• Dean doesn’t wait for other people told him what to do, he always seeks new tasks.
• We don’t need to supervise John too close. He is a very initiative person.
• John is a goal-oriented person. He himself is able to set priorities to accomplish his job well.
• John is a very creative person. He is skilled in finding the best ways to get a job done.
• John has a high sense of responsibility to his job. He tries himself to perfect his performance without anyone telling him to.
• John never feels satisfied with his performance. He always seeks new ways to improve it by himself.
• John is a supporter of new ideas, goals and working methods no matter where they come from.
• John is always ready to take over new tasks whenever it appears.
• John has excellent communication skills and is able to get the job done through the best use of people.
• John is rather flexible. He has the ability to adjust to the ever-changing needs of the situation and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the task done.
2. Negative appraisal phrases on initiative performance
• John is not as experienced and knowledgeable as he tells in his application.
• We must take a close supervision on John if we wish to have him complete this work.
• John is an inactive person as he never wishes and is not ready to learn new skills or develop his qualification.
• It seems too difficult for John to do his job on his own.
• John can hardly improve if he continues neglecting opportunities in front of him.
• John does not seem to be adjustable. He is not able to perform consistently under pressure to thrive on constant change and challenge.
• It is typical of John to think inside a box and be afraid of risking doing in a new way.
• John is not decisive. He is not able to make quick decisions, take action and commit himself to completion.
• John does not seem to be an idea person. He is not ready to generate and recognize new solutions when performing a task.
• John has poor abilities to establish priorities and courses of action for himself as well as skills in planning and following up to achieve results.
You can ref list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for initiative is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an initiative review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.