Performance review phrases for initiative (create Ideals/Creative…).
Simply to say, when you take the initiative in something, you do that without having someone tell you. It’s not reckless doing but a careful consideration with thinking and taking the advantage of suitable situation. Therefore, initiative staff is very valuable to any organization. Such staff includes those that:
• Are highly motivated.
• Are optimistic and enthusiastic.
• Are ready to act without waiting for order.
• Are self-starting and self-disciplined.
• Are doers and problem solvers.
• Are willing to accept responsibility.
• Are reliable and stable.
• Do their job in a correct and clever way.
• Learn to listen and adopt a questioning attitude.
• Know to ask the necessary questions.
• Set high standards.
• Develop creative thinking activities.
• Adopt the “owner attitude”.
• Set goals for themselves.
• Are willing to take over more tasks after finishing one.
• Are active and dynamic and time-respectful.
• Know not to become a workaholic.
• Have a commitment to their work and aren’t satisfied with average results.
An initiative employee owns the following characteristics:
– Undertaking any tasks without waiting for
– Doing the right thing in a right manner
– Being ready to ask questions necessary to complete job perfectively
– Undertaking more important tasks and making responsible for them
– Being dynamic and valuing time resource
– Being ready to do any job at any time (becoming a workaholic)
You can use positive and negative performance review phrases as follows:
1. Positive Appraise Phrases on initiative performance
• Dean doesn’t wait for other people told him what to do, he always seeks new tasks.
• We don’t need to supervise John too close. He is a very initiative person.
• John is a goal-oriented person. He himself is able to set priorities to accomplish his job well.
• John is a very creative person. He is skilled in finding the best ways to get a job done.
• John has a high sense of responsibility to his job. He tries himself to perfect his performance without anyone telling him to.
• John never feels satisfied with his performance. He always seeks new ways to improve it by himself.
• John is a supporter of new ideas, goals and working methods no matter where they come from.
• John is always ready to take over new tasks whenever it appears.
• John has excellent communication skills and is able to get the job done through the best use of people.
• John is rather flexible. He has the ability to adjust to the ever-changing needs of the situation and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the task done.
• Dean never waits for others to tell him what to do, he is an initiative man.
• For John, no supervision is required, I suppose, since he can work very initiatively.
• John is very responsible for his job. We don’t need to tell him what to do since he gets the job better than us.
• John strives to seek and take on new opportunities to promote his job.
2. Negative appraisal phrases on initiative performance
• John is not as experienced and knowledgeable as he tells in his application.
• We must take a close supervision on John if we wish to have him complete this work.
• John is an inactive person as he never wishes and is not ready to learn new skills or develop his qualification.
• It seems too difficult for John to do his job on his own.
• John can hardly improve if he continues neglecting opportunities in front of him.
• John does not seem to be adjustable. He is not able to perform consistently under pressure to thrive on constant change and challenge.
• It is typical of John to think inside a box and be afraid of risking doing in a new way.
• John is not decisive. He is not able to make quick decisions, take action and commit himself to completion.
• John does not seem to be an idea person. He is not ready to generate and recognize new solutions when performing a task.
• John has poor abilities to establish priorities and courses of action for himself as well as skills in planning and following up to achieve results.
• John lacks the experience and qualifications required to perform the job effectively without specific orders assigned to him.
• We much place a close supervision over John. If not, we will not know if he derails from his path at any time.
• Perhaps John has the qualification, however, he lacks initiative and active manner that it is risky to assign much responsibility to him.
• John has trouble doing his tasks when he does not receive help or supervision from others.
• John is negative to seek out new opportunities to learn and grow his job.
• John doesn’t create new ideas in his job, in contrast he wants to do things that have be done by others.
The sample of performance review phrases for initiative is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an initiative review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.