Goal-setting is a specially required skill for any employee and manager especially. This skill requires you know to judge the amount of work you are going to do and the way you are going to follow to complete those work. It helps you plan ahead everything and relieves you of stress at work.
You can use positive and negative performance review phrases as follows:
1. Positive Appraise Phrases on Goal-setting
• John knows how to keep his staff within a plan and assigns suitable duties to each of them.
• John knows to assign suitable duties to each staff members and urges them to give him the result as he expects.
• It is typical of John to make frequent feedback to his staff members to keep them in the way as he has planned.
• John is very responsible for the performance of his staff members and the achievement of the goals as he planned.
• John knows to define clear goals and expect the right performance from his group.
2. Negative appraisal phrases on Goal-setting
• John only gives task to his employees without providing any information or feedback to keep them on the track.
• He fails to pursue the goals as it seems ineffective that he assign wrong tasks to his employees.
• John is easy to get distracted at work. Not focusing on this goals results in his failure.
• He thinks that employees should be those who take main responsible for the deadlines and objective but not him, the supervisor.
• John is not good at setting goals. He sometimes requires his group to achieve impossible goals.
You can ref list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for goals-setting is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an goals-setting review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.