Appearance is the major factor affecting what other people think about us, because this is the first thing they see when meeting us. Aside from wearing proper attire at work, following the rules of hygiene is another essential factor, which contributes to our overall appearance. Employees taking care of their clothes, hair, and wearing a good perfume may be more successful in finding a common language with their clients, as well as building and sustaining good relationships with other employees.
- are aware of the organization norms around appearance and personal hygiene
- respect the company’s dress code
- wear tailored and neat clothes and use grooming which does not conflict with the company’s regulations
- project an image of professionalism through their dressing
- create a professional atmosphere that attracts people
- introduce a good example to other employees
- do not distract people from focusing on the work
Positive performance review phrases for Appearance/Hygiene
- He is always dressed in business attire, which makes him appear more trustworthy to our clients.
- Her clothes are always spick and span. She is an example for other employees to follow.
- He pays a lot of attention to personal hygiene. He always looks fresh and clean.
- She wears natural makeup that is attractive to clients and makes working with her a pleasurable experience for them.
- Her attractive appearance increases the company’s popularity with its clients as she directly works with them.
- He is always clean-shaven, never letting a single hair spoil his face.
- She always looks neat which makes her seem more reliable than other employees.
- She has an exquisite sense of style when it comes to choosing work attire.
- His slightly casual but always clean and perfectly ironed clothes make everyone feel comfortable dealing with him.
- Her appearance and personal hygiene are exceptional. Moreover, she does her best to adhere the company’s dress and grooming policy and regulations.
Negative performance review phrases for Appearance/Hygiene
- He often has bad breath that many clients and employees complain about. It is often uncomfortable to approach or talk to him because of that.
- She tends to dress in overly bright clothes, distracting other employees and thus decreasing their performance at work.
- He wears clothes which are not allowed by the dress code of the company.
- She wears too much perfume. Some employees complain that it is virtually impossible to work when she is around.
- He forgets to regularly wash his clothes, which after a while start giving off an unpleasant odor.
- He shaves once in about two weeks, letting untidy stubble grow on his face and neck.
- Her skirt is too short, which has a negative effect on other employees’ performance as her appearance distracts them.
- Her blouse is so transparent that other people can easily see her underwear beneath.
- He does not take care of his hair, which often grows long and looks greasy.
- He dresses too casually, even though the company’s dress code allows for casual attire. The way he dresses crosses the line.
You can ref list of all review phrases at: List of performance review phrases.
The sample of performance review phrases for Appearance or Hygiene is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, an appearance or hygiene review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activity for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.