Performance review phrases for decision making.
Decision making skill is crucial to a person in relation to their ability of self-managing. Decision making skill relates very closely to one’s ability to take responsible for what he/she is doing in his/her life. It is the most important skill that a leader should have. Decision-making skill is not only important to the performance at work of a person but in social activities and daily life as well. Decision-making skill involves the ability to reason among various possible decisions and select the right one to a certain matter. As the job of a leader is to make decision as guidelines for his/her subordinates, decision-making ability is of crucial importance to a leader. A person with good decision-making skill will be able to set goal and know the way to keep their goal on the track. They are confident in their approach to make sound decisions. So, what are the descriptions of such a person with good decision-making skill?
Positive performance review phrases for decision making
A person with good decision-making skills should be a person:
• Be able to make sound fact-based judgments;
• Be able to work out multiple alternative solutions and determined the most suitable one;
• Be objective in considering a fact or situation;
• Be firm to not let the individual emotion and feeling affect on the made decision;
• Be decisive in hard case scenario and times;
• Be supportive and encourage others to work well with him/her.
• Good at making true and fair judgments based on facts and evidences;
• Be decisive to select out the most suitable solution among many others;
• Be assertive and keep personal emotion and feelings out of the head;
• Consider the situation or problem objectively;
• Be encouraging and supportive at work.
And what about the descriptions of a person with bad decision-making ability?
Negative performance review phrases for decision making
• Be hesitant in making decision and too much cautious in making the final decision which often results in wrong decision;
• Apply complex and impractical approaches in solving problems;
• Fail to make a short-list of solutions recommended by direct units;
• Be paralyzed and confused when facing tight deadlines to make decisions;
• Make too much complaint on the content of the job;
• Tend to apply a single and rush decision-making approach;
• Avoid conflicts at work in relation to decision making process.
• Fail to make up his/her mind about a certain problem;
• Apply complex and unconventional methods in approaching a problem instead of simple and formal methods;
• Struggle hard under critical circumstances;
• Keep complaining about a problem instead of seeking solution to resolve it;
• Have to struggle hard but cannot meet tight deadlines;
• Often recourse to hasty method;
• Fail to work out a common decision for the whole group discussion;
• Be confused in dealing with too many issues in group work and cannot make the final decision.
The sample of performance review phrases for decision making is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. Note that, decision making review phrase can be positive or negative and your performance review can be effective or bad/poor activities for your staffs.
Related subs: Performance appraisal phrases, performance evaluation phrases, performance feedback phrases, performance management phrases, comment phrases.