Phrases or Comments for Performance Appraisal
1. Attitude Performance Review Phrases
• Ted has such a calm mind that we are always surprised at how he deals with problems.
• Tom always looks for the bright side and knows to evaluate his position in difficult circumstances.
• Jenny succeeds partly thanks to her positive attitude toward everything.
• Jim tends to be so superior to his colleagues that no one wants to work with him.
• Walter frequently behaves in an unpleasant manner.
• Bill always sees thing on the worst side so that he has a tendency to depress everyone working with him.
2. Creativity Performance Review Phrases
• Ryan knows to quickly adapt to new environment and comes up with brilliant ideas.
• Rachel is good at solving problems by creative solutions.
• Harry is very encouraging everyone in his team to think openly and come up with new solutions to handle tasks.
• Jean is unable to adapt herself to work with creativity and doesn’t seem to value new ideas suggested to her.
• It is difficult for Kevin to think out of the box and coming up with a creative solution to an existing problem is an unfeasible task for him.
• Jim tends to act before thinking, so his new idea cannot help him anyway if he acts like that.
3. Critical Thinking Performance Review Phrases
• Johns always considers everything twice before acting.
• With strong reasoning and critical-thinking skills, John can handle every problem very well.
• John always jumps to his conclusion before consulting others’ opinion.
• John acts without thinking of the possible consequences that he may face with.
4. Goal Setting Performance Review Phrases
• John effectively keeps his staff focused by setting clear goals and assigning duties to them.
• It is a good practice of John to assign duties to his staff member and monitor their performance toward such goals.
• John only sets goals for his employees, however, he takes no measure to supervise their performance.
• John’s goal-setting skill is not effective since he always assigns inappropriate tasks to his employees
5. Initiative Performance Review Phrases
• Dean never waits for others to tell him what to do, he is an initiative man.
• For John, no supervision is required, I suppose, since he can work very initiatively.
• John is very responsible for his job. We don’t need to tell him what to do since he gets the job better than us.
• John lacks the experience and qualifications required to perform the job effectively without specific orders assigned to him.
• We much place a close supervision over John. If not, we will not know if he derails from his path at any time.
• Perhaps John has the qualification, however, he lacks initiative and active manner that it is risky to assign much responsibility to him.
6. Interpersonal Skill Performance Review Phrases
• Kevin has good interpersonal skill. We can see him establishing relations with many people to get the job done.
• Peter’s relation with many people is a great advantage since it helps him complete the tasks more quickly.
• Holly’s interpersonal skill is which keeps her team together and focused and connected toward common goals.
• Peter’s character is too strong that it may damage the relationship within our team.
• John makes a good impression that he is a great visionary, but the way he communicates his vision to others is unacceptable.
• Tyler rarely shows his appreciation to the contribution others have made to the team effort which results in their upset with his behavior.
7. Quality of Work Performance Review Phrases
• John pays much attention to details. His work has a high quality.
• Accuracy and quality of work are the main concerns with John.
• It is hardly that John can ignore such a mistake since he is a man of quality of work.
• We shouldn’t believe too much on John. He may be good, but his work is never as good as it should be.
• John produces many error products. May be we shouldn’t assign this task to him.
• John shows lack of focus on his work. that’s the reason why his products are normally error.
8. Teamwork Performance Review Phrases
• We have many teams here in our company and Team’s ability to work well with all of them is a great asset of ours.
• Harry knows the fundamentals of maintaining a professional and effective relationship with his employees, colleagues and managers.
• Ben is never the man who cares about who will get the credit. His only concern is that his job is done well.
• When he was still a team member, Peter demonstrated a poor teamwork skill. Now he is in a supervisory role, I believe that we cannot count much on him for a good teamwork environment.
• Esther puts a focus of mind on her job but lacks necessary teamwork skill to ensure the task is accomplished well.
• Ollie seems to be reluctant to work with others. He should improve his teamwork skill better.
• Paul is so contented with his qualification and knowledge that he rarely cooperates with others.
If you need all review phrases samples, you can ref at useful source: